professional exams

Mat Wright

We also administer examination on behalf of other British accredited and international professional and vocational boards (Terms and Conditions apply). Please contact us.

CILA (The Chartered Institute of Loss Adjusters)
CIM (The Chartered Institute of Marketing)
IBD (Institute of Brewing & Distilling)
ICA (International Compliance Association)
IoL (Chartered Institute of Linguists)

How can I sit an examination at the British Council?

Please be advised that we can conduct paper-based tests only. All the examinations will be held during our office hours which are from Monday to Friday (except national holidays), starting at 10:00 or 14:00 (Japan local time). A local fee applies (Administration fee and Paper fee). The Paper fee varies upon the number of papers you will sit. Please note that this local fee only covers the supervision service. Any fees for the examination itself should be paid directly to the examination board. 

You need to register directly with the institutions. After the registration is completed, please contact us. We will then arrange your examinations in Japan.

Local Fee

As well as the fee to the university, you will need to pay the local fee to British Council to cover our cost. 

Administrative Fee

  • 20,000 yen (excluding tax) (per candidate & per exam period)

Paper Fee

  • 10,000yen (excluding tax) (2 hrs or more exam)
  • 5,000yen (excluding tax) (less than 2 hrs exam per paper)