Students of foreign universities can sit their examinations at the British Council throughout the year if necessary. Students, therefore, do not need to return to the UK during their holidays for examinations.
If you would like to re-sit an examination in British Council in Japan, please inform your university, college or institute that we need the following details directly from them:
How can I re-sit an examination at the British Council?
Please download the Registration Process Flowchart first.
If you would like to re-sit an examination at British Council in Japan, please inform your university, college or institute of the following details.
- The British Council can only conduct paper-based tests.
- All the examinations will be held during our office hours which are from Monday to Friday (except national holidays), starting at 10:00 or 14:00 (Japan local time).
As well as the fee to the university, you will need to pay the local fee to British Council to cover our cost.
- 20,000 yen (excluding tax) (per candidate & per exam period)
- 10,000 yen (excluding tax) (2hrs or more exam)
- 5,000 yen (excluding tax) (less than 2 hrs exam per paper)