Over 2 million people took exams with the British Council last year. We offer a wide range of exams, from English tests to school and business qualifications, in more than 90 countries worldwide. We connect people worldwide with learning opportunities and creative ideas from the academia and business world.
What we offer
Starting with the world-wide well-known English language test to a professional qualification, our invigilation service covers various areas in the exam industry with full experience and excellent customer care. As the examination centre, what we offer are;
- Liaison with University/Institution,
- Receipt and storage of examination paper,
- Arrangements for venue and invigilation/Room & Invigilator’s fees,
- Informing the candidates of the arrangements for the examination and
- Charges for the return of answer scripts to the university/institution.
Who we work with
We earn a tremendous reputation as the top-invigilation service centre from not only the UK but also the rest of the world. These are example institutions we currently offer in the British Council in Japan;
- Cambridge Assessment
- University of London International Programme
- Open University
- Manchester Business School
- Deakin University
Terms and conditions, and the application process
Terms and conditions
In order to hold exams in the British Council in Japan, please be aware there are the terms and conditions below;
- We can conduct paper-based tests only,
- All the examinations will be held during our office hours. From Monday to Friday (except national holidays), starting at 10:00 or 14:00 (Japan local time).
The application process
If you would like us to administer your examinations, please contact us by email.
Fee per candidate and cancellation policy
You/your students will need to pay the local fee to cover our cost.
20,000yen (excluding tax) (per candidate & per exam period)
10,000yen (excluding tax) (2hrs or more exam)
5,000yen (excluding tax) (less than 2 hrs exam per paper)
Institutions are expected to notify the British Council any cancellation of a test in writing of any candidate wishing to defer, cancel or withdraw from an examination after arrangements have been finalised as soon as possible.
- Administrative fees are non-refundable and non-transferable
- Claims for a refund of the local fee per paper will only be accepted if
- supported by a medical certificate from a recognised medical practitioner OR
- if the university or exam board rejects the candidate’s examination application.