IELTS for UK Visas and Immigration
If you are applying for a visa to move to or remain in the UK, there’s an IELTS test for you. You can find more information in our IELTS for UK Visas and Immigration section.
In relation to the recent expansion of Wearable Devices (i.e. Smart Watch, Google Glass and etc), new regulations have been added to the Global IELTS Security by the IELTS partners (British Council, IDP:IELTS Australia and Cambridge English Language Assessment).
Please find the new regulations below:
- All watches are prohibited from the test room for ALL components (Speaking and Writing) of the test.
- Eye-glasses will be checked before you enter the test room.
An appropriate sized clock, visible to all candidates, will be provided at each test room. The above new regulations will be put to effect from the IELTS session scheduled for Saturday 21st of March 2015 in Japan.
We thank you in advance for your cooperation.
IELTS is the world’s most popular English test for higher education and global migration.
IELTS (International English Language Testing System) is the world’s most popular English language test. 2.2 million tests were taken last year. Taking IELTS can help you live, study and work around the world.
More than 9,000 organisations worldwide accept IELTS for education, employment and emigration. IELTS is the only test accepted for immigration purposes by all countries that require one.
The IELTS test is designed to reflect how you will use English in your new life abroad, and, in less than three hours, it will assess all of your English skills: Listening, Reading, Writing, and Speaking.
IELTS is the most widely accepted English language test with a one-on-one speaking test to assess your English language communication skills.
Designed by experts in English language assessment and trusted around the world, you can be sure that IELTS will give a fair and consistent assessment of your English skills. The UK Home Office has made changes to its guidance on Secure English Language Test (SELT) providers. We encourage you to check the full text at GOV.UK.
Why take IELTS in Japan?
The British Council has more than 75 years’ experience teaching and testing English in over 130 countries. You will enjoy a high quality testing experience.
Here are just a few reasons millions of people have taken IELTS with the British Council in the last 20 years:
- Expert support: From videos, books and online interactive courses you can access the best preparation materials to achieve the score you need.
- Convenient dates and locations: IELTS test sessions are held in 13 cities in Japan and more than 36 test dates are scheduled throughout the year.
- Easy booking: Book online with flexible payment options.
- Fast results: Guaranteed results online in just 13 days.
Quick survey on IELTS preparation
Dear IELTS test-taker
Thank you for your support for British Council IELTS.
Please help the British Council improve the support provided for IELTS test takers by answering a few questions in this survey.
Thanks in advance for your assistance.
IELTS SCHOLARSHIP Information
- The Global Study Awards
- IELTS Study UK Scholarship - SUCCESS STARTS WITH IELTS
*Application for 2016 closed
- British Council IELTS Prize 2016/2017