We understand that getting your results is important. We know you want them quickly, but it is important that we give you the score that reflects your performance. IELTS results are available 13 calendar days after your test.
IELTS results online and by post
EIKEN Foundation of Japan’s Online IELTS Results Service enables those candidates who register for IELTS with EIKEN Foundation of Japan to view their test results online, after 7pm on the 13th day after the test date.
Your IELTS results (Test Report Form) will be posted to you 13 days after the date of the written test. You will not be able to obtain your results over the phone, by email or by fax. Find out how to understand your IELTS score.
Test Report Forms (TRFs)
- You will receive one copy of the Test Report Form and replacements cannot be issued.
- Additional original copies can be posted to receiving institutions (e.g. universities, immigration officers, etc.). Please visit the EIKEN Foundation of Japan for further details. The EIKEN Foundation of Japan will complete your request.
- Institutions can view candidates’ scores through the IELTS Test Report Form (TRF) Verification Service, they will need your Test Report Form number.
- For a period of two years you can apply (to the centre where you took the test) for verified copies of the Test Report Form.
- Institutions will not usually accept a Test Report Form that is more than two years old, unless you provide evidence that you have maintained or improved your English since taking the test.
Understand your IELTS scores
IELTS provides results for all levels of English: there is no such thing as a pass or fail. You will be given a score from 1 to 9 for each part of the test – Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking. Find out more about how to understand your IELTS scores and the 9-band system.
Your scores will be given to you on a Test Report Form.
Find out how IELTS scores relate to the Council of Europe’s Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR).
How to query your score
In the unusual case you believe there has been a mistake in the marking, you can apply to our Enquiry on Results Service (EOR) to have your test re-marked. This must be done within six weeks of the test date. You can choose which sections of the test are re-marked. There is a fee for this service, which will be refunded should your overall score change. Enquiry on Results can take up to ten weeks to complete. Please contact EIKEN Foundation of Japan for further information.
Can I re-take the test?
You can take the test as many times as you wish. However, please note that to significantly improve your score it is necessary to undertake further study. IELTS research indicates that scores are unlikely to improve without further English language tuition.