Please note: This is the policy for IELTS (Academic and General Training), you can find the UKVI cancellation and refund policy here.
Make sure you read and accept the IELTS test terms and conditions when you register for the test.
The terms and conditions contain important information, including details of:
- test day arrangements
- what you can take into the test
- the rules you must follow
- test security
- what you can expect from the results process
- how we use your information.
When you sign the application form declaration, you are confirming that you have read and understood the IELTS test terms and conditions and agree to abide by them.
Cancelling your IELTS test
If you wish to cancel your IELTS test, please see below:
- Paper-based IELTS test: visit Eiken foundation of Japan website.
- Computer-delivered IELTS test: contact the British Council in Japan
- IELTS for UKVI and IELTS Life Skills test: visit How to book an IELTS for UKVI test? page
As an added measure to enhance IELTS test security, all participants will be required to have their photograph taken by IELTS administrative staff on their test day. Please make sure that you review the instructions supplied to you after you have booked your test.
Find out about our special arrangements for those with disabilities or learning difficulties.