【Please close the window after clicking the Finish button.】
Aptis tests English skills relevant to your requirements. It enables an organisation / institution to assess all four English skills – reading, writing, listening and speaking together with the core mandatory component (grammar and vocabulary) or test just one skill, e.g. listening.
What is the Aptis listening test like?
The listening test takes up to 40 minutes. There are a number of things to remember about the listening test:
- Each listening input has a single question.
- You may listen to the question a second time if you want, but you don't have to.
The three types of questions are described below. In the test, these types of questions may not appear in this sequence.
- Word and number recognition (In these questions, you listen to a short phone message and you need to identify specific information such as a number (e.g. phone number, time) or a word.
- Identifying specific, factual information (In these questions you listen to short conversations with two speakers or to a monologue and you need to identify specific information. For example, where do they want to go? What do they want to buy?)
- Inference (In these questions, you again listen to short conversations with two speakers or to a monologue. The focus here is not on understanding the meaning of what the speakers are saying, but on identifying clues in their language or tone to help identify the attitude of the speaker, their intention or opinion.)
What does the Aptis score mean?
You will receive results based on the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR). They will indicate your CEFR (A1-C2) level for each skill tested. If you take all 4 skills you will receive an overall CEFR level and a scaled score (0-50) showing your level for each skill level tested.
(Please note you will not receive a score for the demo test.)
If you like to use the Aptis listening test to evaluate candidates / teachers / students in your organisation / institutions, contact the Aptis team, who would guide you through the process.