We are running a Global Storytelling and Presentation Competition online for our Young Learner students this final term. Winners of the local competition (one from each age group) will take part in a live, international online event in May 2021. Enter the competition and your child can develop their English skills and confidence, while exploring their creativity and imagination!
This competition will help your child:
- Build skills in online presenting and video storytelling
- Explore their creativity and imagination
- Develop their public speaking confidence
- Local winners (one from each age group) will have the opportunity to take part in international competition (online)
What will my child do?
Primary: Retell well-known story from your own culture in English.
Secondary: Give a short presentation about ‘Local Issue with a Global Impact’ in English.
|Lower Primary (6-7 years old)||Lower Secondary (12-13 years old)|
|Middle Primary (8-9 years old)||Middle Secondary (14-15 years old)|
|Upper Primary (10-12 years old)||Upper Secondary (16-18 years old)|
*ages as of March 2021.
Local winners (one from each age group) will be selected by teachers of the British Council. They will receive Book token worth 3,000 yen, and present the same story/presentation as part of live international online event in May 2021. The International winner will receive One-year scholarship for the British Council English courses for young learners.
Wednesday 31 March 2021
How to apply:
- Your child records a video of themselves telling the story/giving the presentation.
- Upload the video to a shareable drive app, e.g. Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive or iCloud, etc.
- Name the video and the folder with your child’s name and class name, e.g. Hanako Yamada PP3
- Complete the application form and consent form here.
- Running time: Between 3-4 mins
- Video Format: mp4 or mov
- Language: English
- This competition is for Primary Plus course students and Secondary Plus course students.
- Each entry must be submitted on behalf of student by a parent/guardian over the age of 18 who, in submitting the entry, agrees to and accepts the competition rules.
- Applicants would agree to take part in both local and international competition.
For any questions or technical issues, please email: JPTokyo.YoungLearner@britishcouncil.or.jp