Rugby is one of the most popular and most traditional sports in the UK. This September and October rugby fever will grip Japan as the 20 best national teams compete to become world champions. Tickets for matches are selling out fast and millions of people are expected to watch on TV.
Are you ready for the biggest sporting event of 2019? How much do you know actually know about rugby?
Please try this short quiz!
- How did rugby get its name?
- How many players are there on a rugby team?
- How long is a rugby match?
- How do teams score points in rugby?
- What is a ‘hooker’?
In this interactive English workshop, you can…
- …find out about the history of the rugby
- …understand the basic rules and positions
- …learn useful phrases to shout at rugby matches
- …make your predictions for the tournament
Minimum English level B1 Intermediate
Date: Satuday 14 September 2019 18:30-20:00
Venue: British Council (Iidabashi, Tokyo)
English level for participants: Minimum English level B1 Intermediate
Capacity: Maximum of 50
Fee: 2,500 yen (incl. tax) Pay with Peatix
※Current BC students: 1,500 yen (incl. tax) Pay with Peatix
Check classroom posters/flyers for discount code.
British Council English Teaching Centre (Tue-Fri 9.30-20.30, Sat&Sun 9.30-17.00)