National Gallery Exhibition Short English Course
The National Gallery London, one of the UK's largest and best-known art galleries, is coming to Tokyo for the first ever external exhibition anywhere in the world of works of art from its collection.
This course has been specially designed by British Council teachers for you to learn English through UK art and culture. You will learn words and phrases to use when talking about artworks. In pairs and groups, you will discuss works from the exhibition, practising expressing your opinions and feelings about art in English. You will also discuss the history of some of the artworks and the National Gallery itself. Come along to have fun 'talking art' in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere!
4 x 90-minute lessons/ 6 hours
This class is full. Sunday 23, 30 Aug, 6, 13 Sep 2020 16:00-17:30
This class is full. Sunday 23, 30 Aug, 6, 13 Sep 2020 14:15-15:45
【Course fee】¥ 26,070 (incl. tax)
【Level】Intermediate (B1) level and upwards
【Maximum number of students】9
【Venue】 British Council (Iidabashi, Tokyo)
【Materials】The course uses original materials created by British Council teachers for this course
The course is designed for students at Intermediate level and above and aims to:
- Create a relaxed atmosphere to discuss art from the National Gallery collection entirely in English with other students with a shared interest in art and English.
- Provide students with the language to describe and give an opinion on artworks in English.
- Increase students’ confidence to discuss art.
- Equip students to visit this and other exhibitions where materials related to the exhibition are entirely in English.
Students will practise describing artworks and giving their opinion on them.
Students will listen to a variety of people talking about art.
Students will read texts related to the National Gallery, artists and their works.
Students will use a range of vocabulary to describe and respond to artworks.
【HOW TO REGISTER FOR OUR COURSE】
All the classes are full.
【CONTACT】British Council English Teaching Centre (Tue-Fri 9.30-20.30, Sat&Sun 9.30-17.00)
|This is an onsite course. In the event the course has to be cancelled due to government advice, customers will receive a full refund.|
Masterpieces from the National Gallery, London
- Thursday 18 June – Sunday 18 October 2020 : The National Museum of Western Art (Ueno, Tokyo)
- Tuesday 3 November 2020 – Sunday 31 January 2021 : The National Museum of Art (Nakanoshima, Osaka)
* Visitors are required to book a time slot for the Tokyo exhibition. There will be no ticket sales at the National Museum of Western Art, Tokyo. Please check the official website for information on how to book your visit.
* For more information on the exhibition, please see our event page and online guided exhibition tour .