National Gallery Exhibition Short English Course
The National Gallery London, one of the UK's largest and best-known art galleries, is coming to Tokyo for the first ever external exhibition anywhere in the world of works of art from its collection.
In this special English course, you will learn words and phrases to use when talking about artworks. In pairs and groups, you will discuss works from the exhibition, practising expressing your opinions and feelings about art in English. You will also discuss the history of some of the artworks and the National Gallery itself. Come along to have fun 'talking art' in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere!
4 x 90-minute lessons/ 6 hours
February 19th, 26th and March 4th, 11th (Wednesday) 13:50-15:20 CLOSED
February 22nd, 29th and March 7th, 14th (Saturday) 14:15-15:45
* the content will be same for both courses.
【Course fee】¥ 26,070 (incl. tax)
【Level】Intermediate (B1) level and upwards
【Maximum number of students】15
【Venue】 British Council (Iidabashi, Tokyo)
【Materials】The course uses original materials created by British Council teachers for this course
The course is designed for students at Intermediate level and above and aims to:
- Create a relaxed atmosphere to discuss art from the National Gallery collection entirely in English with other students with a shared interest in art and English.
- Provide students with the language to describe and give an opinion on artworks in English.
- Increase students’ confidence to discuss art.
- Equip students to visit this and other exhibitions where materials related to the exhibition are entirely in English.
Students will practise describing artworks and giving their opinion on them.
Students will listen to a variety of people talking about art.
Students will read texts related to the National Gallery, artists and their works.
Students will use a range of vocabulary to describe and respond to artworks.
【HOW TO REGISTER FOR OUR COURSE】
Please read our Terms and Conditions at the bottom of the page and register via our online form
* Please register by 6:00 pm on the day before the course starts. We will stop accepting applications once all the places have been filled.
British Council English Teaching Centre (Tue-Fri 9.30-20.30, Sat&Sun 9.30-17.00)
Masterpieces from the National Gallery, London
- Tuesday 3 March – Sunday 14 June 2020: The National Museum of Western Art (Ueno, Tokyo)
- Tuesday 7 July – Sunday 18 October 2020: The National Museum of Art (Nakanoshima, Osaka)