The following online resources are designed to help all UK students in Japan to access current information and guidance. UK Government updates are shared through the Travel Advice page and amplified on @UKinJapan channels. You can also subscribe to receive immediate email notifications of Travel Advice updates by following the Travel Alerts sign-up link below.
- Sign up for critical travel alerts at: www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice
- For passport care visit: www.gov.uk/overseas-passports
- Website: www.gov.uk/world/japan
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ukinjapan
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/UKinJapan
- The British Embassy in Japan will remain open and continue to provide essential consular services to British Nationals. If you would like to report an emergency involving a British national please call 03-5211-1100 at any time, and select the option for ‘calling about an emergency involving a British National’ to speak to an officer. Or use our contact form for consular enquiries: www.gov.uk/contact-consulate-tokyo
Official UK Government Advice:
- As countries respond to the COVID-19 pandemic, including travel and border restrictions, the FCDO advises British nationals against all but essential international travel. Any country or area may restrict travel without notice. If you live in the UK and are currently travelling abroad, you are strongly advised to return now, where and while there are still commercial routes available. Many airlines are suspending flights and many airports are closing, preventing flights from leaving.
- Students, as they are neither long-term visitors to Japan, nor short-term residents, have more autonomy to decide what their next steps are, in comparison with other groups. It is up to the individual to decide what they feel most comfortable doing in the context of their own priorities and personal circumstances.