During the new State of Emergency, the British Council’s centre in Iidabashi remains open, the IELTS exams will continue to run, but all English language classes will be delivered online.
We have effective Covid-19 safeguards in place.
- All staff and visitors will be asked to wear a mask, to maintain 2-metres of social distance and to regularly wash their hands. We are regularly disinfecting and ventilating the office
- On arrival, you will be required to check your own temperature with a thermal camera. If you are unwell or concerned that you may have a high temperature, please stay home.
At the British Council, we have always believed that culture connects us. In the face of a truly global challenge, this is more important than ever.
We remain committed to ensuring that people all over the world can connect through the English language and through culture. Learning English provides access to diverse cultures and expands people’s horizons both personally and professionally.
Whatever your English language needs, and wherever you are based in Japan, we have a brilliant team of specialists ready to share their expertise in teaching, learning and assessment.
We offer a large number of online resources that you can access through the links below, to learn English, to explore other cultures, and to take part in virtual cultural programmes.
- For information about learning English, click here.
- For information about Examinations, click here.
- For information about Arts, click here.
I hope that you, your families and your communities remain safe and well.
With every best wish
Director, British Council in Japan