The British Council is open and we are delivering activities in our office as well as in our partner schools and exam venues. We are monitoring the situation very closely and will continue to take relevant measures in line with the advice of local government to ensure that our venues are safe. The health, safety and well-being of all our staff, customers and partners is our top priority.
All staff and visitors will be asked to wear a mask, to maintain 2-metres of social distance and to regularly wash their hands. We are regularly disinfecting and ventilating the office. If you are unwell or concerned that you may have a high temperature, please do not come. On arrival at the British Council you will be required to check your own temperature by a thermal camera.
At the British Council, we have always believed that culture connects us. In the face of a truly global challenge, this is more important than ever. It will be difficult in the immediate term, but these connections will be even more vital when we get beyond this.
We remain committed to ensuring that people all over the world can connect through the English language and through culture. We offer a large number of online resources that you can access through the links below, to learn English, to explore other cultures, and to take part in virtual cultural programmes.
- For information about learning English, click here.
- For information about Examinations, click here.
- For information about Arts, click here.
- For information about StudyUK, please check the websites of individual institutions or phone UKCISA’s Student Advice line on +442077889214 (1pm - 4pm UK time)
- For the latest information on Covid-19, please visit the World Health Organisation’s website https://www.who.int
I hope that you, your families and your communities remain safe and well and look forward to seeing you soon.
With every best wish
Director, British Council in Japan