In the UK we have a long tradition of telling ghost stories at Halloween and at Christmas. In ancient folklore, 19th century literature and modern day film, there are thousands of spooky tales of spectres, spirits and haunted houses.
In this workshop we will present our top 5 haunted places in the UK, from castles to railways! We’ll also count down the top 5 British ghost stories, some of which are fictional and some supposedly true. These will include urban legends, real life ghost sightings and the works of famous writers such as Charles Dickens and Wilkie Collins.
During the workshop you will…
- …find out what the best and most famous British ghost stories are.
- …learn words and phrases for ghost stories.
- …feel a bit scared.
* The workshop will be conducted in intermediate English by British Council English teachers, but if you are interested in the subject, please feel free to join us.
* This is an interactive English conversation workshop with the theme of "ghost stories" and not a lecture-style event.
* This event will basically have the same content as the "British Ghost Stories Workshop" held in 2018.
- Date: Thursday 27 October 2022 19:00-20:15
- Venue: British Council (Iidabashi, Tokyo)
- English level for participants: Intermediate above
- Requirement :
★ You are over the age of 16 and are interested in taking our English courses.
★ You consent for the British Council to use your photograph from any images taken at this event on social media and in marketing.
- Capacity: Maximum of 30*
- Admission: Free
- How to join: Please book your place by Thursday 20 October 2022.
* Attendees will be selected by lottery
* After the application deadline, we will select the attendees and inform them by email. Only those selected will receive an email.
* The number of participants could be less and a little more depends on the attendance of that day.