The IELTS Dream Big Fund is awarded to special needs students who wish to pursue higher education to realise their study dreams. The fund can be used for any purpose, be it a tuition fee subsidy, air tickets, or even a special equipment purchase that will aid students in their studies.
The British Council East Asia will select 1 student from East Asia, whom will receive an award of 5,000 GBP (*1) towards the cost of tuition fees.
Essential eligibility criteria are that applicants:
- are permanent residents in one of the eligible countries/regions listed below; Japan, China Hong Kong, Macao, Indonesia, Korea, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam.
- are special needs students with hearing or visual impairments, physical disability or any other learning difficulties, and are able to provide original medical evidence of the disability.
- are beginning undergraduate or postgraduate study at a higher educational institution that accepts IELTS as part of the admission requirements in or outside their home countries in the 2018 academic year. (are able to provide an acceptance letter from the attending institution by 30 June 2018)
- have taken an IELTS test with British Council or Eiken Foundation of Japan and are able to provide valid IELTS score in the application form (IELTS scores are valid for 2 years).
- become an IELTS ambassador to share your study experience with others in talks / seminars and feature in video clip(s) for the promotion of IELTS and study abroad.
British Council East Asia
Number of Scholarship
- Deadline of application: 18:00 JST on 31 March 2018
- Announcement of scholarship awardees: June 2018
- Award Reception: Late July 2018
Application closing date
18:00 JST on 31 March 2018
How to send my application form
- Please apply from the IELTSAsia website
- You will be asked to upload the documents a) and b), and enter c) on the process of application.
a) IELTS Test Report Form (Photocopied)
b) Medical Certificate
c) An essay (500 words)
*Applications are not accepted by post or being taken in but only online.
Where to send
Applications are accepted only online.
- 5,000GBP will be paid into a winner’s bank account in Japan. Exchange rate will be at the British Council’s book keeping rate
- Our selection criteria is not made public and any information of this matter are not provided.
- All short-listed applicants must supply a letter of acceptance from a university by 30 June 2018, or exclude from being a subject of the Award.
- The ownership of the submitted application and contents from applicants during the application process belongs to British Council Japan.
- Submitted personal information will not be used for other than the scholar selection.
- Successful applicants are responsible for contributing to IELTS and study abroad testimonials. The testimonials and photos which are provided by successful applicants will appear on websites and publicity materials owned or produced by the British Council and the EIKEN Foundation of Japan.