Do you need to prove your English language level for a UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) application?
IELTS is on the UKVI list of approved Secure English Language Tests (SELT). If you need an IELTS test result as part of your application to UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI), you will need to take your test at a specific test location authorised by UKVI.
Please note: if you are applying for a Tier 4 student visa for a program of study at degree level or above at a Higher Education Institution, you should check the English language requirement of your chosen institution, as most institutions do not require a SELT for this purpose.
About IELTS for UKVI TRF and additional TRF delivery in New Year's Holiday
British Council Exam department will be closed from 28 December 2018 to 3 January 2019. Please note that the schedule will be changed accordingly as below:
- Additional Test Report Form (TRF) requested after 5pm 21 December 2018 will be posted after 4 January 2019.
- Test Report Form for IELTS for UKVI held 15 December 2018 will be posted after 4 January 2019.
Effective from 1 July 2018, the UK government has made the following changes to the test prices of IELTS for UK visa application purpose.
- IELTS for UKVI Academic: 32,184 yen (tax included)
- IELTS for UKVI General: 32,184 yen (tax included)
- IELTS Life Skills A1: 24,138 yen (tax included)
- IELTS Life Skills B1: 24,138 yen (tax included)
The new prices will be applied only to IELTS for UK visa application purpose. Applicants taking the test from 21 July 2018 will be contacted by the British Council in Japan and refunded accordingly. Please note this price is applied only to IELTS for UKVI and IELTS Life Skills. Regular IELTS held by the Eiken Foundation of Japan is not included.