We will continue to take the necessary measures in line with the advice of local government to ensure that our venues are safe. The health, safety and well-being of all our staff, customers and partners is our top priority.
English x Minecraft x Art Lesson– Spark your child’s creativity and imagination with a fun and memorable holiday programme!
In this year’s summer course at the British Council, your child will have the chance to learn English and develop their 21st Century Skills with our tailored English programmes for young learners, Primary Plus and Secondary Plus, along with creative and challenging activities using the open-world game Minecraft.
Each week, students will explore different stimulating up-to-date topics linked to current issues and real life with a range of tasks and projects to work on with classmates. For instance, in one week they will make a poster about an endangered animal and in another week, they will design a dream bedroom. Students will also have plenty of opportunities to build their English communication skills and express their ideas as they work in groups on tasks and projects.
The course also includes Art Lessons every day where students will receive language input and practice related to the topic and will have the chance to make a piece of artwork related to the topic. They will display their work and selected works will be submitted to the British Council Global Young Learners’ Art Competition.
Through this course, your child will:
- develop 4 skills leading to communication in English
- expand range of vocabulary and knowledge of grammatical structures and develop good pronunciation
- building confidence and developing positive attitudes
- develop 21st Century Skills such as Problem-solving, Collaboration, Intercultural Awareness, Global Citizenship and Digital literacy
- Primary Plus: Level 1-4
- Secondary Plus: CEFR level A2-B1
- Primary Plus: 6-12 years old (Suitable for Japanese Elementary School grades 1-6)
- Secondary Plus: 12-15 years old (Suitable for Japanese Junior High School grades 1-3)
*Please refer to the minimum entrance requirements for Primary Plus courses below. We will recommend a level/class that suits your child due to the results of placement test and supervision by our teachers.
Date and Time
Week 1: Monday 26 – Friday 30 July 2021, 9.00-16.00
Week 2: Monday 2 – Friday 6 August 2021, 9.00-16.00
Week 3: Monday 9 – Friday 13 August 2021, 9.00-16.00
6 hours x 5 days per week (30 hours). 1-hour lunch time and 15-minute break are included.
*Students can choose from 1 week, up to 3 weeks. Magazine topic differs every week.
Secondary Plus (week 2, 3) is fully booked. You will be placed on the waiting list.
Group lesson (Class capacity: 12 students)
*Onsite face-to-face lessons only
|All British Council teachers hold professional teaching qualifications including CELTA, DELTA, PGCE, MA TESOL and TYLEC. They have extensive experience teaching children.
>>Meet some of our teachers
|1 week (30 hours)
||128,700 yen (incl tax)
|2 weeks (60 hours)
||231,660 yen (incl tax)
(257,400 yen→231,660 yen)
|3 weeks (90 hours)
||308,880円 yen (incl tax)
(386,100 yen→308,880 yen)
*All materials are included. No registration fee required.
Minimum entrance requirements
- able to write and recognise all the names and sounds of letters Aa-Zz in upper and lower-case.
- able to read and say simple, phonically-regular words.
- able to write their own names.
- able to attempt to spell phonically-regular words
- familiar with basic greetings and able to follow simple classroom instructions (sit down, stand up, listen, open your booklet etc).
Find out more – Three steps to register
- Book a Free Consultation
Choose a suitable date and time and book a free online consultation from the booking form.
- Free Placement test
Take our free placement test (online writing test) before the consultation day.
- Your Consultation (30-40 minutes)
Please discuss your child’s learning needs with our professional consultants. We will recommend a level that suits your child due to the results of online placement test and supervision by our teachers. * The child must be accompanied by parent or guardian for the consultation.
Safety and Supervision
- We regard all students below the age of 18 as children, according to the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child 1989. We take our responsibilities towards the children in our care very seriously and we endeavour to make the British Council as safe as possible.
- However, we are in a public building which anyone can enter. Parents or guardians should stay with their child until either the class teacher or designated teaching assistant arrives in the classroom.
As we are unable to supervise any children outside class time, we ask parents to ensure that students are dropped off and collected on time before and after classes.
British Council regulations mean that no child can leave the building unaccompanied after class each day. Children must be collected by a parent or nominated guardian. We cannot make any exceptions to this rule.
Safety measure for our onsite English courses
This course includes using Minecraft: Education Edition, but it is not an official program organized by Microsoft or Mojang.