Our group lessons will improve your confidence, ability and motivation. You’ll be able to use English immediately in real life to make a positive and meaningful change to your life - whatever your reasons for studying.
1. A school you can trust - an official UK organisation
We are the UK’s official cultural relations organisation and are registered as a not-for-profit organisation in the UK. We operate in 49 countries and regions worldwide, and are considered a world authority in English language teaching. In Japan, we have been providing high quality English courses for more than 60 years.
2. A professional and friendly approach - teachers and staff who care about you
We also believe that you should be taught by a committed professional who cares about you. That’s why all our teachers have an internationally recognised English language teaching qualification, are highly experienced, and love teaching their students. You will be welcomed and taught by kind, friendly and enthusiastic teachers and staff who are interested in you, your needs and your progress. We take great pleasure in providing the support, feedback and advice you need to achieve your aims with English.
3. A different way to learn - the British Council method
We use a group learning approach because we believe it’s the most effective way to learn a foreign language. Our students love learning in groups and don’t want to go back to one-to-one classes! Here are the reasons why:
- Student-centred - you will learn more quickly and effectively when you do not immediately rely on the teacher to give you the answer.
- More active involvement and more opportunities for communication.
- Group classes have more energy than one-to-one classes - you will benefit more from this group approach to learning.
- By discussing and working through problems together you get a deeper, longer lasting understanding of the language.
- By interacting with people from different backgrounds with different ideas and opinions, you can practice English in more realistic contexts.
- In small group lessons, the teacher can set up activities and practice for the group, and analyse your performance, producing focused feedback.
- Studying with people at the same level as you is very motivating and creates a supportive, fun atmosphere.
- You can start any week you like!