Our Secondary Plus Online courses for teenage students are available now!
Wherever you are in Japan, you can join our classes.
Online classes are real, meaningful education!
Secondary Plus Online offers teenage students the opportunity to engage with the British Council Secondary Plus course and teacher in 3 hours of learning per week which consists of:
- two live online classes per week (60 minutes each) where students can communicate and collaborate with their teacher and fellow students.
- 60 minutes of interactive Guided Learning on our child-friendly and secure online platform before and after the live online classes, with a focus on vocabulary and grammar through project-based tasks.
- homework and project work for students to consolidate their learning after class.
You will join a small group along with other students at the same level in one of our friendly classes, led by a British Council teacher. You will work through a project-based module in the online classroom and take part in online interactive practice activities. You will be able to access online content before the online class so that you can prepare, and you will have some activities to complete after the class is finished as you work towards a final project.
Benefits of our online classes:
- British Council teachers with professional teaching qualifications and extensive experience teaching both adults and children
- a small group class up to 10 students
- face-to-face real-time interactions with classmates, rather than just doing worksheets
- meaningful interaction with teachers
- the opportunity to develop digital literacy skills in a safe environment with support from teacher and classmates
- pre-lesson and post-lesson activities can be done at your own pace and reviewed as many times as necessary
- tasks and project work for students to consolidate their learning after class
- our specially-created online materials provide practice in developing your vocabulary, grammar and reading skills. These tasks will help you deepen understanding in the live online lessons.
- personal dashboard where you can track your learning progress
- continued learning in a safe environment in accordance with British Council Safeguarding policies