English for Primary School Kids: Online placement test and consultation starts from July 7th (Tue).
|You can now complete the placement and registration process without leaving your home!
Primary Plus is based on the principle of effective teaching in a positive environment. We believe these combined aspects elevate English from a short-term outcome to a lifelong skill to enable your child by equipping them for future challenges. Bundle Discount up to 15% OFF !
In Primary Plus children will tackle real-life tasks, working in groups and crafting researched answers and innovative solutions. The tasks are specially designed to match their developmental level, ensuring familiarity to the situation they learn in. Children communicate and engage with a variety of media, leading them to work collaboratively as well as to become more self-directed.
Based on extensive feedback and long-term development, Primary Plus gives priority to:
- A 4-skills approach leading to communication in English (with a focus on developing literacy skills)
- Ongoing development of vocabulary, grammar and pronunciation
- Building confidence and developing positive attitudes
- Knowing other cultures to better know one’s own
- A focus on the whole child: moving beyond language learning through the active promotion of creativity, critical thinking, IT skills and ‘learning how to learn’
- The integration of IT and ICT skills into mainstream learning
- Using a range of modern, communicative teaching methods including task-based learning (TBL), communicative language teaching (CLT) and content and language integrated learning (CLIL)
We are offering courses at Primary Plus levels Starter to 5, with placement according to the English ability of students. Courses are for students with a range of abilities.
- Term 1: Sunday 5 April 2020 – Sunday 19 July 2020 (15 weeks)
- Term 2: Sunday 6 September 2020 - 13 December 2020 (15 weeks)
- Term 3: Sunday 10 January 2021 - 14 March 2021 (10 weeks)
You can register for the course anytime, even after the term has started.
Check the schedule for the Summer Intensive here.
■■Level and Time■■
- Primary Plus Starter 1 -09:00-12:00 (including 15 minute break)
- Primary Plus Starter 2 -13:30-16:30 (including 15 minute break)
- Primary Plus 1 – 09:00-12:00 (including 15 minute break) or 13:30-16:30 (including 15 minute break)
- Primary Plus 2 – 09:00-12:00 (including 15 minute break) or 13:30-16:30 (including 15 minute break)
- Primary Plus 3 – 09:00-12:00 (including 15 minute break) or 13:30-16:30 (including 15 minute break)
- Primary Plus 4 – 13:30-16:30 (including 15 minute break)
- Primary Plus 5 – 09:00-12:00 (including 15 minute break) or 13:30-16:30 (including 15 minute break)
- Term 1 (3 hoursx15 weeks / 45 hours in total) : 175,500 yen (excl tax) Materials are included. No registration fee required)
- Term 2 (3 hoursx15 weeks / 45 hours in total) : 175,500 yen (excl tax) Materials are included. No registration fee required)
- Term 3 (3 hours x 10 weeks / 30 hours in total): 117,000 yen (excl tax) Materials are included. No registration fee required)
★★Bundle Discount ★★
Register for Term 1,2 and 3 at the same time : 15 % discount from the total course fee
Register for Term1 and 2 : 10% discount from the total course fee
Register for Term 2 and 3 : 10% discount from the total course fee
||with Bundle Discount
||468,000 yen (excl tax)
||15% discount ：397,800 yen (excl tax）
||351,000 yen (excl tax)
||10% discount ：315,900 yen（excl tax）
||292,500 yen (excl tax)
||10% discount ：263,250 yen（excl tax）
||175,500 yen (excl tax)
Children must be studying at Elementary school and aged between 6 and 12 years old.
We are the world’s English experts. All British Council teachers hold professional teaching qualifications including CELTA, DELTA, PGCE, MA TEFL, TYLEC. They have extensive experience teaching both adults and children. Meet some of our teachers here.
British Council (Iidabashi, Tokyo)
* There are no lessons between 30th April 2020 and 6th May 2020, 20 December 2020, 27 December 2020 and 3 January 2021.Please be aware this timetable is subject to change. Dates and times may be altered and there may be class cancellations or additional classes added.
* We offer face to face Study Support every week. This is designed to allow students who are sick or have a school event to be able to catch up on missed work.
* Dates and times may be altered and there may be class cancellations or additional classes added.
How to register
Please book our free placement test *. Online placement tests are now available on every Sundays. Please select your preferred placement style on the booking form. We will give you the registration information after the test.
If you choose to do an online placement test (via video call) you will receive an email with a link the evening before your placement test - you don't need to download anything if you use a desktop or laptop (you will need to download the Microsoft Teams app if you use a smartphone or tablet), just click on the link a few minutes before the booked time! Please find out more details on the attached PDF "Step by step guide for joining an online placement check".
* Online placement test is currently only available on Sundays.
The child must be accompanied by a parent or guardian when they arrive for placement testing and while waiting for the placement test to begin. The child must be accompanied by their parent or guardian when leaving at the end of placement testing.
*Placement test: Conversational speaking test in which the child tells about he or his self, responds to picture prompts and briefly reads a passage of text.
*Booking a level placement slot does not ensure you will have an automatic space on the course. For example, classes may already be full or there may be no suitable options for your child. In these cases, we will provide you with alternative options to study with the British Council where possible.
SAFETY AND SUPERVISION
We regard all students below the age of 18 as children, according to the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child 1989. We take our responsibilities towards the children in our care very seriously and we endeavour to make the British Council as safe as possible.
Since our Teaching Centre is located in a public building, parents or guardians should stay with their child until either the class teacher or designated teaching assistant arrives in the classroom.
As we are unable to supervise any children outside class time, we ask parents to ensure that students are dropped off and collected on time before and after classes.
British Council regulations mean that no primary plus student can leave the building unaccompanied after class. Children must be collected by a parent or nominated guardian. We cannot make any exceptions to this rule.
British Council English Teaching Centre (Tue-Fri 9.30-20.30, Sat&Sun 9.30-17.00)
Related link: Meet our Teachers of Young Learners