Our Primary Plus Online courses for children aged 8 to 12 are available now!
Wherever you are in Japan, your child can join our classes.
Online classes are real, meaningful education!
Primary Plus Online offers your child the opportunity to engage with the British Council Primary Plus course and teacher in 3 hours of learning per week which consists of:
- two live online classes per week (60 minutes each) where students can communicate and collaborate with their teacher and fellow students.
- 60 minutes of interactive Guided Learning on our child-friendly and secure online platform before and after the live online classes, with a focus on vocabulary and grammar through project-based tasks.
- homework and project work for students to consolidate their learning after class.
Your child will join a small group along with other students at the same level in one of our friendly classes, led by a British Council teacher. They will work through a Primary Plus module in the online classroom and take part in online interactive practice activities. They will be able to access online content before their online class so that they can prepare, and they will have some activities to complete after their class is finished as they work towards a final project.
Benefits of our online classes:
- British Council teachers with professional teaching qualifications and extensive experience teaching both adults and children
- a small group class up to 10 students
- face-to-face real-time interactions with classmates, rather than just doing worksheets
- meaningful interaction with teachers
- the opportunity to develop digital literacy skills in a safe environment with support from teacher and classmates
- pre-lesson and post-lesson activities can be done at your own pace and reviewed as many times as necessary
- tasks and project work for students to consolidate their learning after class.
- our specially-created online materials provide practice in developing your child’s vocabulary, grammar and reading skills. These tasks will help your child in the live online lessons.
- personal dashboard where both the student and parent can track the learning progress
- continued learning in a safe environment in accordance with British Council Safeguarding policies