Young Learners Coordinator
- Lead a team of teachers to deliver high-quality British Council courses for Young Learners
- Support the development of Young Learner materials, systems and procedures
- Line-manage up to 5 teachers and support their training and development
- Promote and ensure quality teaching and effective learning of English
- Work with the Senior Teacher Schools and Young Learners in meeting British Council Japan strategic objectives
- Support the wider aims of British Council and its cultural relations mission
|Salary||JPY 390,000/month. In addition there is an annual performance bonus payable in June based on the performance of the centre and the satisfactory completion of all duties.|
|Duration||1 year renewable|
|Working hours||18 contact teaching hours per week, 40 contact hours per week|
|Annual leave||35 days leave allowance per year, plus 14 days public holidays|
|Closing date||2019年 12月 08日 (日曜日)|
We are looking for a highly motivated, flexible and customer-oriented Young Learners Coordinator with experience of academic management, and substantial experience of teaching Young Learners to join our professional team in Japan starting in April 2020.
Our onsite Young Learner offer is expanding and from April 2020 will include Primary Plus for Elementary School-aged students and Secondary Plus for Junior High and Senior High School-aged students. The Young Learners Co-ordinator will play a leading role in induction and ongoing in-service training and support for the newly-explanded team of teachers working on these projects In addition the Young Learner Coordinator will be involved in direct teaching, teacher training and academic consultancy for our offsite Young Learner partners. This will include supporting the development of off-site materials, systems and procedures for teachers based outside of the British Council.
The role involves a maximum of 18 hours of teaching per week and the post holder will line-manage up to 5 teachers. The post holder will work closely with the Senior Teacher Schools and Young Learners to ensure the planned objectives and deliverables for Young Learner courses are achieved, including academic quality and customer engagement. This will include leading on parent and student events, workshops and communication channels. The academic consultancy role will involve travel to other cities in Japan in order to conduct training and observations.