IELTS Speaking Examiners (Tokyo)
The British Council in Japan is looking for suitably qualified and experienced individuals to join our team of IELTS Examiners. As IELTS Speaking Examiner, you will examine IELTS Speaking modulein the Tokyo area, or in various locations, maintaining the standards required by the IELTS Professional Support Network and the British Council. You will work closely with British Council Examinations Services team, other venue staff and venue service providers to ensure the test days run smoothly.
|Reference number||IELTS Speaking Examiners|
|Salary||2,000 JPY per candidate|
|Closing date||2020年 01月 30日 (木曜日)|
To be considered, you will need:
- An undergraduate degree or a Master’s degree or a qualification which can be demonstrated to be equivalent to an undergraduate or a Master’s degree
- A recognized qualification in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) or recognised equivalent as part of a recognised university award course
- At least 3 years full time* (or the equivalent) relevant TESOL teaching experience (minimum post certificate level qualification). The majority of this teaching experience must relate to adult students (16 years and over). *Note: ‘Full-time teaching’ is classified as a minimum of 14 hours of face-to-face teaching per week
- The required professional attributes and interpersonal skills
- Three reference letters (even though Appendix 1 requires two)
- Right to work in Japan
- Criminal record/ Police check report from the country of residence**
** Police check for UK citizens should be from the UK and the country of residence i.e. Japan
In order to become an IELTS Speaking Examiner, you must attend and successfully complete training and certification.
How to apply
1. Please download the following documents:
- Appendix 1 Guide for Applicants to IELTS Examiner Recruitment
- Appendix 3 Examiner Application Form
- Appendix 4 Examiner Minimum Professional Requirements
- Appendix 5 Letter to Referees
2. Complete and submit the Appendix 3 Examiner Application Form
3. Submit a copy of the qualifications that listed in the Section 2 of the application form
4. Please download Appendix 5 Letter to Referees and ask each of your three referees to complete.
All documents listed above and any enquires are to be sent to Linting Chao, Operations Resource Manager North East Asia – firstname.lastname@example.org stating IELTS Speaking Examiner (Tokyo) on the subject line.
Only applicants who fully meet the Examiner Minimum Professional Requirements will be considered.